We saw the baby a few days ago! Well, sort of. Baby was so tiny it was hard to see much, and no heartbeat yet. But the doctor said everything looks on schedule and healthy, so that's good. My mother and Katie came along as well, but Katie missed her first peek at her first sibling, as she slept through the whole thing (which was for the best, and she enjoyed celebrating the good ultrasound afterwards when we went out to eat!)
After the scan, we went to Babies R Us to find a cuddly stuffed animal for this pregnancy, just like I did for Katie. While I was showing my mom one of the animals, Katie leaned over in my arms, grabbed a stuffed animal, cooed and hugged it tight. She had grabbed a gender neutral lion and did not want to let go! Since this baby is our little lion cub, it fit perfectly. Katie picked out the first thing we ever bought for baby!
I'm so exhausted every day, morning sickness gets worse by the hour, and my nipples are so sore they're starting to bleed. Yikes! Can't wait for the next few weeks to fly by. Luckily Christmas is a good distraction. Hopefully I'll be able to fully enjoy the holiday without much difficulty.
Baby is now the size of a blueberry, has most of it's organs forming, and is causing me to bloat insanely. I feel about five months pregnant! Definitely don't have the abs of steel I once did that kept all the pregnancy inside for 6 1/2 months, but at least this time I'll be able to look pregnant.

No comments:
Post a Comment