Thursday, December 6, 2012

7w,4d

I'm having a love affair....with food.

I LOVE food right now. It's my whole life. I go insane with cravings, like if I can't have them I obsess over them, I wonder how long it would take me to walk to them, and I scrounge for quarters to see if I have enough money laying around to sneak some snacks without pulling from the bank. It's terrible!

Morning sickness has gone to the next level now. Spent midnight vomiting into a trash can (made it to the toilet. Did I need to puke there? Nope. Went downstairs to get the ginger ale to try and settle my stomach. My nose was assulted by the smells of fresh food from the fridge. The smells punched me so hard in the nose that I spun around and vomited right into the trash can. This morning, I couldn't go near the kitchen. I waited until Bill came home and took the trash out for me before I could go anywhere downstairs. I couldn't bear the thought of seeing that again. Gross!

But even with the vomiting, I'm still hungry and craving constantly. Last pregnancy, I was never hungry. I had no appetite. I figured it was because I was always sick. Seems like my taste buds are dragging me right through the sickness and still trying to find victory. They're fickle though. One day all I want is this one certain  food. I obsess, I plan, I finally get it the next day, and then it's repulsive! I bought ham, made an entire menu around it. I wanted ham and only ham for days. Went to cook and it felt sick. Thought about it and felt sick. Pulled a whole ham out of the oven and ten minutes later I was ordering a large stuffed crust pizza (with pepperoni and mushrooms!) with a side order of wings from Pizza Hut. Today, thankfully, I'm able to eat the ham. In fact, ham subs really settled my belly. Doesn't mean I'm not onto the next craving that I'm dying for - Olive Garden's gnochi soup and those hot, buttery, salty breadsticks! Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment