Ten weeks! Finally, it seems like I'm getting somewhere. I'm now a fourth of the way through pregnancy, and about 3/4ths of the way through first tri.
I've been lucky to have Bill have off this last week from his second job. He spends his mornings lately doing dishes that I can't do, doing lots of laundry as I'm the worst at that, and helping out with anything I need. It's been lovely!
We were also lucky to have family help out with Christmas. I decided not to make a Christmas dinner as I felt too sick to spend much time in the kitchen and unless it's steak and mushrooms, Bill's a bit helpless with dinners. We had Christmas Eve dinner at his Uncle's house, who urged us to take some food home, and then we had Christmas Lunch at his mom's and Christmas Dinner at my mom's. Bill has been overly spoiling me for Christmas week and has been letting me eat out for dinners before Christmas so I didn't have to do more cooking than necessary.
I'm half way through week ten already (every week should be Christmas, it's the first time I didn't notice every day crawling by!) and baby is somewhere in size between a prune and a lime. The heart is developed, all internal organs are in there, eyes are fully developed, finger and toe nails are developing - how exciting to think of!
Today I did my medical and pregnancy history on the phone, which made things seem a little bit more real. Talking about details of last pregnancy really made me think of how I'm going to do all of that again!
I have a doctor's appointment next week to hear baby's heartbeat. I'm really excited for that, I think I'll feel a lot more relaxed afterwards.

No comments:
Post a Comment