Sunday, June 23, 2013

Little reminders

I love when, in the middle of a normal day, something happens to make me smile about Elizabeth.

Yesterday, we all went fishing. While Bill was packing up, I was holding Katie and looking around at the pretty scenery. We found a tiny little lilac colored butterfly, which flew in a few circles around us, then landed on my toe. Katie kept squealing and giggling over this pretty little butterfly, until it fluttered away up to the sky. Katie kept wanting to talk about it, kept asking where the butterfly went and pointing to the sky. Usually, my little toddler has no attention span, but while we stood there I told her a story about the butterfly. She kept nodding and smiling and when I would stop talking, she asked me to start again. It was so adorable, I never told her stories like that before as she never had much attention for them, but this was the first time she was rapt. All about this tiny butterfly, colored in the same shade of purple that I had picked out for my angel. It made me smile, this little reminder of my Elizabeth, and how much Katie cared about it.

Maybe reminder isn't the best word, as there isn't a time during any day that the thought of Elizabeth leaves me. How could she? She's everywhere. She's in our house, in multiple rooms we have her things spread out, and things in her memory. She's all over my computer. She's always in my mind and my prayers. She's everywhere. I suppose what I'm searching for is that it's nice to have a reminder that she's not only in my heart, but she's in the world too. She isn't forgotten, and it's a blessing to get little signs of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment