Sunday, April 21, 2013

Big Sister Elizabeth

Another Sunday, another visit with Elizabeth. Today was finally warm enough that we stayed for a while and planted the rest of the seeds for her flowers. I added quite a few, but I can't remember all their names. I decided to mix them together, as I want a fun, colorful cluster of flowers instead of rows of similar ones. I did the entire square, though next year I'd be interested in planting seeds in the shape of a big, fancy E. We'll see how this year's turns out!

The white tulip bulbs I planted on Easter have now come up. Each one is now above ground and growing beautifully. I can't wait until more flowers begin to pop up!

I painted her a sign last week and a matching little butterfly with her name on it. I placed these at her spot today as well. Once it's warm enough to let Katie wear short sleeves outside in a few weeks, I'm going to put her in her Princess Big Sister shirt and take a picture next to Elizabeth's spot and sign.

Here's some of the pictures I took today:

When we first arrived - it's the first time the grass was so green and dandelions were everywhere!


Tulips popping up:



Elizabeth is going to be a big sister!



Her daddy in a tree behind her spot:


Katie playing in front of Elizabeth's spot with the dandelions while I planted flowers:


No comments:

Post a Comment