
I love the picture above. But I wish it didn't just say April Fools, because I know of some really immature women who think it's hilarious to get attention and congratulations for fake pregnancies during random times of the year. I will never understand the humor in this. I never did this, never found it funny, and now it's actually hurtful.
Every since losing Elizabeth, the quickest way to stab me in the heart is to announce a pregnancy and then make a joke out of it. If you are really pregnant, I will openly congratulate you and be genuinely happy and nothing less. But adding a "just kidding" is like a slap in the face to me. When this happened a few weeks ago, it really made me sour and down for the whole day. Pregnancy is such a sore subject for me right now, in many ways. I know I'm overly sensitive, but right now that's the only way I can be. I'm still open and raw and have nothing to help shield my sensitivity from the world. I'm trying to build it back up, but a wall reduced to rubble is a hard thing to repair.
I was thrilled to see today though that this picture was all over my facebook. I saw many people post it, and not a single "I'm Fake Pregnant" post. Much better! I have quite a few women on my facebook who have also lost at least one child, so I was pleased that no one got hurt today and awareness for immaturity about fake pregnancy announcements was spread.
No comments:
Post a Comment