Thursday, March 21, 2013

SugarBeth's Cupcake

After two months of trying, I finally came up with Elizabeth's cupcake.

Each of my children have or will have an element of baking in their names and have their own dessert. I have a certain theme in mind, and then they can choose how they want to run with it. Elizabeth is my SugarBeth, and her theme was cupcakes. I had so many cupcake things picked out for her. I LOVE cupcake designs. I have a cupcake apron that reminds me of her every time I see it. I always planned to make specialized, unique aprons for each child with their bakery names embroidered on them. SugarBeth is still apart of these plans. But unfortunately, she'll never get to pick out her own dessert that represents her, so I've been hard at work thinking of something.

I came up with this:


Angel food cupcakes with a fresh strawberry filling (for a hidden burst of pink) with either a white royal icing or a white marshmellow icing swirled "sky high" on top. On the icing will be little white pearls sprinkled all over, and at the very top will be a little sugar rosebud. This will represent her inevitable girliness, her flower and name, and her residence. Her cupcake will be called Sugarbeth's Heavenly Angelfood Cupcake. I'll be making it for the first time on what would have been my due date with her this July.

I'm still designing her apron though, as I am with Katie's as well. Elizabeth's SugarBeth apron will still be made and still hang in my one day bakery, right in line with all of my other children's aprons.

I also made this for Elizabeth this week - her own tiny Easter basket for her angel statue to hold.

I love that even though we're able to begin healing from our loss and cope with a grief, she's still our child and still thought about every single day. Her candle is still lit, I still craft for her, and she's still apart of our future, just like she always was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment