Tuesday, January 8, 2013

12w, 2 days - Nervous

There's a bit of a bump in my smooth sailing pregnancy. I have a small amount of bleeding. It's a small amount and it's not red, and even the most panicky of midwives isn't overly concerned. The worry wart in me constantly reminds me that I haven't heard the heartbeat yet, and so many women on my boards lose babies even still. It's nerve wracking.

They're bringing me in on Friday to hear the heartbeat again and, if they can't hear it, do an ultrasound. With my tilted uterus, it's very common to not hear a heartbeat until 14 weeks. Still, bleeding makes me nervous. Luckily, I seem to only be getting cm tinged with blood, not just blood itself. It's old, not new. It's happening just after the placenta attaches itself, which commonly causes a small amount of bleeding.

Still, I'm going to be extremely on edge until Friday comes.

1 comment: