Friday, May 18, 2012
Summer Fun!
Summer is my FAVORITE time of the year. It always has been. Possibly why, when as a child I spent Christmas in sunny, balmy Disney World, my life was perfect (as I'm a bit of a Christmas and Disney fanatic)
Anyway, this summery weather has made everything feel better. I find it hard to be sad about ttc fails when I'm planning awesome fun times for this summer, or sitting in my new porch rocker in the sun, bare feet kicked up on the railing and crocheting a new hat as my daughter plays next to me.
I now have plans to do fun things each month. Things that I may be able to do while pregnant but will be much more difficult and not as fun due to sickness (especially the extreme car sickness).
It starts next month. We're kicking it off with a beach trip. I LOVE the beach. I hate the idea of one day becoming an old person, so I made plans to one day have a beach house and suddenly it's something to look forward to. I have a whole pinterest board on how I'd like to decorate it. Anyway, I long for the beach all year. Last year we had to skip it. Next year we probably will too. So this is our summer to visit the beach. I can't wait.
A week or two later is Katie's birthday party. Im excited for it and have started buying supplies. I can't wait until she sees her house decorated in her favorite thing ever - Blue's Clues!
The week after that is my own birthday and Independance Day. I've always liked that holiday, and hopefully I can convince Bill to go see fireworks, as I love fireworks!
In August we'll be going to the Renaissance Faire. I even have material to make Katie a themed dress. I haven't gone in many years, and Bill has never gone so it should be fun.
September is the super fun month. We'll go to the annual Amusement park that we enjoy going to each year (it'll be our 4th year going!) and after that will be a 5 day Disney Cruise. Can't wait!
As much as I like the idea of having a baby, there's no time to fret over timing or bfns. I got a fun packed summer full of firsts to enjoy with Katie and not being sick is going to be great. I'm no longer concerned with ttc, moreso doing NTNP, and I'm much happier, carefree and excited. A baby will happen when it's supposed to, so I'm going to enjoy my time while waiting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment