Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mr. Storky...2010

Tonight while Katie was in her swing watching Hercules for the first time, I went cruising on the ttc board that I was on when we were trying for Katie. Guess what I found! At the top of the page was a thread called "Dear Mr. Storky", which sounded awfully familiar. I clicked it and saw that the thread dated all the way back to 2008 and was still going. I suddenly remembered typing the words "Dear Mr. Storky" while we were ttc last time so I clicked through until I got to September 12, 2010. There it was, my letter to the Stork! It brought tears to my eyes as my avatar was of Katie's first ultrasound and the siggy had all the facts about early in my pregnancy. How hard it is to believe that this bouncing, bubbly girl that I adore so much and who has become my life was once just a wish that I "asked the Stork for." It's hard to remember a time when I wasn't toting around my little buddy.

I copied the letter and will post it here so I don't lose it again. Maybe I'll write one for this next baby too?


Dear Mr. Storky,

I'm sending you extra special wings so that maybe this month you can beat the monthly race between you and :witch: AF. I would greatly love to be blessed with a little one and this would be perfect timing. I'll take great care of what you leave me, I promise!

Please hurry, I'm on the edge of my seat for that :bfp: . Do you think 14 days is enough time for you to reach me? It would be a wonderful gift for my husband's birthday in a few weeks as well! Please say yes!

Forever grateful...
Me

(Did you take note of the date? Mr. Storky obviously got my letter, as I got my BFP the very month after!

No comments:

Post a Comment